One of our main goals is to educate and empower citizens to become active and engaged participants in their government. One of our most effective tools in helping citizens become active and engaged is our free Texas Legislative Guide. The guide is a powerful tool that informs and empowers Texans on how to contact their elected officials. It provides a large amount of useful information, including:
- Federal and State Directories with contact information of your elected officials
- District maps and committee memberships
- An overview of the legislative process at the state and federal level
- Information on how to write, call, or email your elected officials
- And much more
Would you hire an employee without first looking at their resume? Of course not. So why would you vote for a candidate without first knowing where they stand on the issues? The Texas Values Action Free Voters Guide lets you know which candidates are running in each state race and where they stand on current issues. Access the Voters Guide at FreeVotersGuide.com
Texas Values Action produces this comprehensive guide to help Texans cast a more informed vote. It is not an attempt to endorse or oppose any candidate.
Some of the exciting updates coming to the 2014 Free Voters Guide include:
- Interactive Voters Guide with information specific to your address
- Our comprehensive candidate questionnaire
- Access to other important candidate information
Churches and Elections
Find out what the law says and how your church can make an impact. Download a pdf here.
Effective Citizen Advocacy
Some helpful tips to keep in mind when you are trying to influence a legislator or legislation. Download a pdf here.
The Survey of Religious Hostilities
To alert the nation about the growing attacks on our religious freedoms, Liberty Institute, joined by the Family Research Council (FRC), have launched The Survey of Religious Hostility in America, a compilation of more than 600 documented incidents of religious bigotry that have occurred throughout the country – most in the past 10 years.
Download your copy here.