Are you interested in joining us in standing for faith, family, and freedom in Texas? Do you share our passion for securing religious liberty, protecting marriage and family, and defending the unborn?
The Texas Values team is seeking motivated individuals for a Communication Associate position, Internships and other volunteer opportunities for our growing efforts.
Director of Operations
Status: Full Time Employment
Texas Values’ Director of Operations is a management-level position that will help lead and implement planning, organization, and direction of the organization’s operations and programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reports to President
- Responsible for planning, organization, direction, and execution of organization’s operations, programs, and goals, including finance, marketing communication, and personnel.
- Provides leadership and manages the efforts of staff to ensure appropriate support of all departments.
- Drafts and oversees annual budgets, regular financial updates, and periodic forecast updates.
- Oversees CRM database software for donor management, fundraising, advocacy, event, and marketing.
- Manages human resources, including payroll and benefits.
- Helps manage and hire highly qualified staff and contract workers.
- Publicly represent the organization at events and with supporters around the state
- Ensures that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
- Oversee content published by organization, including weekly emails, action alerts, blog posts, and fundraising communication.
- Manage organization’s web presence, direct mail, special projects and coordinate with all third-party vendors and contract workers.
- Help plan and manage all major events, including annual policy forum and fundraising events.
- Strong advocate for pro-family values in all interactions on behalf of organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Mature Christian believer, who demonstrates godly principles in all aspects of life
- Views role with a ministry passion and is able to articulate the mission and vision of organization
- A firm understanding of the core issues of religious freedoms, marriage & family, and life
- Robust understanding of advocacy, legislative, and election processes
- Ability to think quickly and strategically in a fast-paced environment
- Must have supervisory and project-management experience with ability to manage team members
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences through print and oral communications. Must have excellent editing, writing, and communication abilities
- A high-achieving work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with a keen self-awareness
- Highly developed listening and questioning skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree in Finance, Business, or Management preferred
- At least 3-5 or more years management or supervisory experience
Interested parties should email resume, cover letter, and writing sample(s) to [email protected] with the subject line “Director of Operations”
Texas Values is seeking motivated university, graduate, and law school students to intern in our Austin office (or remotely with special approval) who have a passion to promote biblical values and have a desire to learn more about law, public policy and the political process in Texas. Learn more about what happens during a Texas Values internship.
Responsibilities of Interns:
- Support senior staff in the day-to-day operations of Austin office
- Complete various research and special projects
- Manage various data entry projects
- Assist with web and social media outlets
- Deliver information to offices at the Texas Capitol
- Committed to the Texas Values mission and vision
- Available to work 10 – 20 hours/week around class schedule at our Austin office (or remotely by approval)
- Self-motivated and highly organized individual
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Maintain a professional appearance
Interested parties should email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Internship”. Internships are not paid, but we are available to assist you if necessary to secure academic credit.
Texas Values is seeking interested individuals that would like to volunteer time in our Austin office who have a passion to promote biblical values.
- Help with support work in our office
- Help with special projects
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus!
If you are interested in volunteering at our Austin office, please email [email protected] with the subject line “Volunteer”. Please provide information on your background and your availability to volunteer.