Are you interested in joining us in standing for faith, family, and freedom in Texas? Do you share our passion for securing religious liberty, protecting marriage and family, and defending the unborn?
The Texas Values team is seeking motivated individuals for a Communication Associate position, Director of Church Ambassador Network position, Internships and other volunteer opportunities for our growing efforts.
Status: Full Time Employment
Communications Associate is responsible for the creations, execution and grow of Texas Values’ presence in traditional media and social/new media.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reports to President & Vice President
- Strategies communications work with Texas Values team
- Develops, manages, and expands traditional media and social/new media relationships and presence for Texas Values
- Writes press releases, organize press conferences, and create a weekly strategy and content for social media posts across a variety of platforms
- Secures guest for weekly Texas Values Report radio show and uploads content to podcast platforms
- Write and manage posting regular content for our websites
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Mature Christian believer, who demonstrates godly principles in all aspects of life
- Views development role with a ministry passion and is able to articulate the mission and vision of Texas Values
- A firm understanding of the defense of religious freedoms, Biblical marriage and family, and protection of innocent human life.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with a keen self-awareness
- Sets goals and initiates implementation and follow through
- Ability to engage and serve a variety of people and personalities
- Able to handle security-sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Capable of managing and implementing a variety of tasks in a fast paced and challenging environment
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in public relations, communications, interacting with press, social media strategy and execution. Experience with photo, graphics, and film production is preferred.
Interested parties should email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Communications Associate”
Texas Values is seeking motivated university, graduate, and law school students to intern in our Austin office (or remotely with special approval) who have a passion to promote biblical values and have a desire to learn more about law, public policy and the political process in Texas. Learn more about what happens during a Texas Values internship.
Responsibilities of Interns:
- Support senior staff in the day-to-day operations of Austin office
- Complete various research and special projects
- Manage various data entry projects
- Assist with web and social media outlets
- Deliver information to offices at the Texas Capitol
- Committed to the Texas Values mission and vision
- Available to work 10 – 20 hours/week around class schedule at our Austin office (or remotely by approval)
- Self-motivated and highly organized individual
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Maintain a professional appearance
Interested parties should email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Internship”. Internships are not paid, but we are available to assist you if necessary to secure academic credit.
Texas Values is seeking interested individuals that would like to volunteer time in our Austin office who have a passion to promote biblical values.
- Help with support work in our office
- Help with special projects
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus!
If you are interested in volunteering at our Austin office, please email [email protected] with the subject line “Volunteer”. Please provide information on your background and your availability to volunteer.