Are you interested in joining us in standing for faith, family, and freedom in Texas? Do you share our passion for securing religious liberty, protecting marriage and family, and defending the unborn?
The Texas Values team is seeking motivated individuals for for internships and volunteer opportunities for our growing efforts.
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
Texas Values is seeking a self-motivated and highly organized individual to serve as administrative assistant and office manager for our non-profit organization. This position provides administrative support for all staff, including the President, coordinates administrative duties in office, and helps ensure high levels of organizational effectiveness.
- Maintain the office calendar, including the schedule for the President.
- Manage travel arrangements primarily for the President and other staff, when time permits. Maintain travel records and expense records for the organization.
- Manage accounts payable/accounts receivable, bank and credit card reconciliations, and bank deposits for organization.
- Provide telephone coverage, manage mail and donation processing, and ordering of supplies.
- Update contacts, donations, and other articles in constituent database and utilize database to export information to prepare correspondence and reports for other staff.
- Write letters and other correspondence for the President.
- Assist with meeting planning and execution, including organization and planning of development events.
- Assist with general office administrative tasks as needed, such as filing and organizing information and documents.
- Maintaining of company and personnel files.
- Maintain and organize the professional and presentable appearance of office common areas.
- Office management and/or administrative assistant experience.
- Bookkeeping/Accounting experience with working knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Possess proficient computer skills, including an ability to work with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook in particular) and ability to quickly learn new database software(s).
- Highly organized and professional communication skills. Must represent the organization in a professional and congenial manner in person, in telephone conversations, and in written correspondence.
- A commitment to the core values and statement of faith of Texas Values.
Interested parties should email a resume, cover letter, and references to [email protected].
Texas Values is seeking motivated university, graduate, and law school students to intern in our Austin office (or remotely with special approval) who have a passion to promote biblical values and have a desire to learn more about law, public policy and the political process in Texas.
Responsibilities of Interns:
- Support senior staff in the day-to-day operations of Austin office
- Complete various research and special projects
- Manage various data entry projects
- Assist with web and social media outlets
- Deliver information to offices at the Texas Capitol
- Committed to the Texas Values mission and vision
- Available to work 10 – 20 hours/week around class schedule at our Austin office (or remotely by approval)
- Self-motivated and highly organized individual
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Maintain a professional appearance
Interested parties should email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Internship”. Internships are not paid, but we are available to assist you if necessary to secure academic credit.
Texas Values is seeking interested individuals that would like to volunteer time in our Austin office who have a passion to promote biblical values.
- Help with support work in our office
- Help with special projects
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus!
If you are interested in volunteering at our Austin office, please email [email protected] with the subject line “Volunteer”. Please provide information on your background and your availability to volunteer.