Are you interested in joining us in standing for faith, family, and freedom in Texas? Do you share our passion for securing religious liberty, protecting marriage and family, and defending the unborn?
The Texas Values team is seeking motivated individuals for internships and other volunteer opportunities for our growing efforts.
Director of Policy
Texas Values is seeking a Director of Policy that will direct and implement our policy and educational efforts, including at the Texas Capitol, State Board of Education, and local governments across Texas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reports to President & Vice President
- Leads lobbying work with state and local elected officials and government agencies
- Develops and coordinates comprehensive policy strategies, including helping craft legislation
- Able to testify as an advocate and expert before elected officials and government agencies
- Strong spokesperson for the organization with the media and on behalf of organization around the state
- Regularly write content for publication by organization, including blog posts and policy/issue briefs
- Involvement in overall communication strategies of organization
- Coordinate policy goals with national, state, and local allies
- Strongly advocate for pro-family values in all interactions on behalf of organization
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Mature Christian believer, who demonstrates godly principles in all aspects of life
- Views policy role with a ministry passion and is able to articulate the mission and vision of organization
- A firm understanding of the core issues of religious freedoms, biblical marriage and family, and life
- Robust understanding of advocacy and the legislative process
- Able to effectively communicate and articulate through writing and public speaking on various public policy issues
- A high-achieving work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills
- Willing and able to work and coordinate work during the unpredictable and strenuous hours of a Texas legislative session and other governmental bodies
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with a keen self-awareness
- Highly developed listening and questioning skills
- Strong team player with a good sense of humor
- Capable of managing other team members in policy department
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced degree in law, public policy, government, or political science is preferred
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in public policy
Interested parties should email resume, cover letter, and writing sample(s) to [email protected] with the subject line “Director of Policy”.
Texas Values is seeking motivated university, graduate, and law school students to intern in our Austin office (or remotely with special approval) who have a passion to promote biblical values and have a desire to learn more about law, public policy and the political process in Texas.
Responsibilities of Interns:
- Support senior staff in the day-to-day operations of Austin office
- Complete various research and special projects
- Manage various data entry projects
- Assist with web and social media outlets
- Deliver information to offices at the Texas Capitol
- Committed to the Texas Values mission and vision
- Available to work 10 – 20 hours/week around class schedule at our Austin office (or remotely by approval)
- Self-motivated and highly organized individual
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Maintain a professional appearance
Interested parties should email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Internship”. Internships are not paid, but we are available to assist you if necessary to secure academic credit.
Texas Values is seeking interested individuals that would like to volunteer time in our Austin office who have a passion to promote biblical values.
- Help with support work in our office
- Help with special projects
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus!
If you are interested in volunteering at our Austin office, please email [email protected] with the subject line “Volunteer”. Please provide information on your background and your availability to volunteer.