At the Church Ambassador Network of Texas, we hold to the teachings of Scripture that government is an institution of God’s with the purpose of punishing evil and rewarding good, and that those who serve in it are God’s ministers. We believe that government is separate from the Church, and has its own unique responsibility. However, government needs moral guidance and counsel from the Church to fulfill its purpose to punish evil and reward good. It needs the true north that the Church provides through its head, Christ, and the Word of God.
2020 Election Resources: Honoring God With Your Vote
On November 3rd, the future direction of our nation and our freedoms is at stake. That’s why we need leaders like you to encourage your church and community to vote and become good stewards of their earthly citizenship by making a difference with their vote. As Christians, we are committed not to political parties or candidates but to our highest calling of honoring God with every part of our life – including voting.
We want to equip churches to have the tools they need to Honor God in this election season. We are so thankful for all you do for your church and your community and are excited to offer the following Honoring God 2020 resources for your use:
Where to Vote
Be Informed: Texas’ Most Comprehensive Voters Guide
Would you hire an employee without first looking at their resume? Of course not. So why would you vote for a candidate without first knowing where they stand on the issues? The Texas Values Action Free Voters Guide lets you know which candidates are running in each state race and where they stand on current issues. Access the Voters Guide at FreeVotersGuide.com
Texas Values Action produces this comprehensive guide to help Texans cast a more informed vote. It is not an attempt to endorse or oppose any candidate.
Some of the exciting features of Free Voters Guide include:
- Interactive Voters Guide with information specific to your address
- Our comprehensive candidate questionnaire
- Access to other important candidate information
Your personalized guide can be found at FreeVotersGuide.com.
Our mission is to build a relationship between the shepherds of God’s Church and God’s government as portrayed in the Scriptures. It is a relationship between institutions, not just individual local churches. Throughout history the shepherds of God’s institution of the Church have served as a moral compass and guide to the nations. It is our goal to have pastors and congregations engage government in a way that honors God and is effective under all forms of government, regardless of when and where.
Our Core Principles
1. God desires ALL people to be saved. (2 Peter 3:9) (1 Timothy 2:4).
2. God does not fit neatly into political parties or political theories. He is not a Republican, Democrat, or Independent. He is God. Neither is He conservative, liberal, or moderate. He is God (1 Corinthians 1:25).
3. America is not a covenant nation, like biblical Israel. It is a nation that has often been blessed because of God’s grace and because it followed the Lord, His principles, and His precepts (Psalm 33:12).
4. Moralism does not equal spiritual transformation (Romans 10:3). (Romans 2).
5. Only the Gospel has the power to properly transform people, who together transform a nation.
6. The Church is not a worldly voice. It is an ambassador of a heavenly kingdom.
7. The power of true cultural renewal lies in the word of God, not in the halls of kings.
8. Both the Church and the government are institutions created by God. They have unique roles that must remain distinct, but must work together under God (Romans 13) (2 Chronicles 19:11).
9. The king has been uniquely called by God to administer justice with the aid of the timeless counsel of the Church (2 Kings 12:2) (Romans 13) (2 Samuel 8:15).
10. As Paul ministered to both the Jew and the Gentile, we will minister to the Republican, Democrat, and Independent in unique ways that never compromise the truths of the eternal Word of God.
11. Our identity is not in a political party. We stand for God’s Word, and ask others to join us there (Joshua 5:13-14).
12. We understand that David ruled with justice and righteousness because he walked with the Lord, his God.
13. We are missionaries who work to build intentional relationships with the ministers of the Lord’s institution of government with a goal to serve all, build up the saints, and win the lost.
Our Church Outreach Team
North Texas Church Outreach Coordinator
Pastor Jorge Tovar
South Texas Church Outreach Coordinator
If you have a fellow pastor or church leader that would like to stay updated on the Texas Church Ambassador Network, please contact us at [email protected].