Please call tomorrow morning to sign up to testify before the State Board of Education (for the hearing on next Thursday).
- If you have a science background, come testify next Thursday at the hearing, to support critical thinking skills, to stop materials with errors, and prevent censorship in the classroom. Email us by Friday at the latest at [email protected] for more information as testimony sign-ups begin at 8 a.m. on Friday, or see below!
Registration for public testimony:
Friday July 15th at 8 AM sharp, call 512-463-9007 to register. Be early and persistent, if you can!. If you have a Fax machine the Fax option below is a good option.
You will need the following information:
- Name and address
- Affiliation (self)
- Telephone number
- Topic speaker will address (science supplementary instructional materials)
- Viewpoint (against supplements with errors or that don’t meet state requirements that require critical analysis of all scientific theories)
- Are you a registered lobbyist? (No, for nearly all)
Fax:You can print the registration form at http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index4.aspx?id=2147497741, fill it out and fax it to 512-936-4319. Make sure the fax transmission completes normally and successfully, if not send it again. Then note the time you sent it on the original and keep it. It is a good idea to print this form ahead of time, fill it out and have it ready
When and where:
- July 21st
- State Board of Education meeting
- room 1-104 (just past the elevators and to the right).
- William B. Travis (WBT) State Office Building, 1701 N. Congress, Austin, Texas 78701
We’ll brief you and send out information next week, to help you get prepared for the hearing.
Call and/or email (http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index4.aspx?id=3803) your Texas State Board of Education member and tell he/she you support critical thinking and examining all sides of scientific theories, including evolution and you don’t want inaccurate science information taught in Texas.