Texas Values Joins 67 Other Organizations in National Effort to Stop Funding of Biden’s Radical Title IX Rewrite
By now, many are aware of the recent proposals by the U.S. Department of Education that would redefine “sex” in Title IX to include sexual orientation and gender identity. This attempt to have a rule that would redefine “sex”, which would destroy women’s sports opportunities and rights to private spaces, has been delayed for implementation until October.
However, Texas Values and other groups across the nation are continuing efforts to make sure that the radical rewrite of Title IX is never implemented. This week Texas Values joined 67 other organizations in a letter to U.S. House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R) asking him to support budget amendments that would cut off funding to any efforts by the Biden administration to promote gender ideology in schools or gender transition of minors. The five provisions in the budget successfully remained in the appropriations bill after a committee vote in the U.S. House of Representatives Appropriations Committee. The provisions Texas Values support are:
- Section 244: Prohibits the implementation of President Biden’s Executive Order on “Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation”
- Section 311: Prohibits the Department of Education from implementing the proposed Title IX regulations that were issued in July 2022 and April of 2023
- Section 312: Protects religious liberty in schools
- Section 534: Prohibits the use of federal funds for hormone therapy or surgical treatment for “gender affirming care”
- Section 535: Prohibits the implementation of any other “diversity, equity, inclusion office, program, or training”
The letter asks that all five of the proposals above remain in the final Appropriations Bill for Labor- HHS-Education to be voted on soon by Congress. To read the letter, please click here.