We never would have imagined that our elected representatives under our state Capitol dome would one day be having discussions of who is allowed to use which restroom.
This fight has been brought to us, due in part to misguided efforts from the previous presidential adminstration and the pressure put on city and school district leaders by lobbying groups with deep pockets.
The leadership of the Texas House during the 85th Legislature (which ended in May 2017) kept the Texas Privacy Act from passing. If the state of Texas does not step in during this special session (beginning July 18, 2017) this issue will continue to be fought from city to city, from county to county, from school board to school board — resulting in thousands of time-consuming, costly, and repetitive conflicts. Not only that, but thousands of Texas schoolchildren will return to class this fall uncertain of how their schools will respond.
For these reasons and a host of others, Texas Values supports the passage of the Texas Privacy Act to protect the dignity and privacy of all Texans in intimate facilities in public schools and government buildings.
- RELEASE: Special Session Wrap: Life Wins, Privacy Dies. Read more.
- SURVEY: Nearly 80% of Texas GOP Voters Support Privacy Act. Read more.
- RELEASE: Business Hypocrisy Called Out As House Leadership Runs Out of Reasons to Block Privacy Legislation. Read release
- RELEASE: ‘Let the House Vote!’ Faith Leaders Chant, Finding Rep. Byron Cook’s Office Locked. Read release
- PRESS RELEASE: Bipartisan Texas Senate Passes Privact Act. Read release
- ACTION ALERT: Senate Privacy Bill will be heard in Senate Committee Friday, July 21. Learn more.
- PRESS RELEASE: Senate Hearing On Privacy In Bathrooms, Showers Set For Friday. Read release.
- Six Essential Facts About the Texas Privacy Act: http://tinyurl.com/sb6Facts
- Businesses and organizations which support protecting privacy: http://tinyurl.com/sb6businesses
- Testimonial videos in support of SB 6 in the regular session: http://tinyurl.com/sb6videos
- Privacy violation incidents from across Texas: http://tinyurl.com/TexasIncidents (PDF)
- 700+ pastors support Texas Privacy Act: http://tinyurl.com/700pastors
WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
- Contact your state legislators: find your legislators here
- If you are a business or community leader, sign your name to publicly declare your support for the Texas Privacy Act.
- Share our videos and graphics via social media (see below)
- Share any of the “Learn More” links provided above.
- Please use the following hashtags when posting to social media: #ProtectPrivacy and #txlege
Shiloh and Rob (Daughter and Father from Dripping Springs):
TESTIMONIAL VIDEOS AND GRAPHICS:
PRESS RELEASES AND PRESS CONFERENCES:
- PRESS CONFERENCE — Personal Stories (video)
- PRESS CONFERENCE — Lt. Gov., pastors support SB 6 (85th Regular Session) (video)
- Texans Speak Out: Time for the House to Pass Privacy Act!
- Supporters Call For Protecting Privacy in Video Series
- NCAA Boycott Ends; Time for Texas to Pass SB 6
- Repeal-and-Replace of NC Privacy Law (HB 2): Left Furious, State Retains Control
- Faith and Family Day Highlights Need to Protect Privacy, Religious Freedom, and Life
- Texas Privacy Act Clears Senate! Next Stop: Texas House
- Senate Committee Passes Texas Privacy Act in 8-1 Vote
- Trump Rescinds Obama Public School Bathroom Rules
- Five Reasons Why TAB’s Report on Texas Privacy Act Was Rated ‘Mostly False’
- Bathroom Falsehoods Exposed by Liberal Media
- The Left’s War on Women Coming to Texas Bathrooms
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS:
- Million Voices (Office of Lieutenant Governor, Vision America, others): http://millionvoices.org
- Texas Pastor Council resources: http://uspastorcouncil.org/current-issues/sb-6-resources