Dripping Springs ISD Allowing Boys in Girls Bathrooms, Board Meeting Monday
Parents have discovered that the Dripping Springs Independent School District is now allowing male students to go into girls’ restrooms. Parents were not notified of the administration’s decision and are very concerned for the privacy and safety of all students.
Monday night at 6:00 pm (Tomorrow), parents in Dripping Springs ISD will be speaking at the Public Forum at the School Board Meeting to express their concerns, and we ask that you would join them to show your support. Even if you do not plan to speak, please come and show support for your local community! If you are a parent in Dripping Springs ISD concerned about this issue, please let us know.
Date: Monday, September 26, 2016
Time: *Please arrive 4:30 pm if you would like to sign up to speak.* The meeting begins at 6:00 pm.
Place: Central Administration Building Board Room at 510 West Mercer Street, Dripping Springs, TX. (map here)
- The school district has a duty to protect the privacy, safety, and dignity of ALL students.
- No child should be forced into an intimate setting like a restroom with another child of the opposite sex-this is common sense.
- Telling girls they don’t deserve a private and safe bathroom or changing room is telling girls their privacy and dignity don’t matter.
- There are better solutions, such as maintaining communal restrooms on the basis of sex while offering a single-occupancy restrooms and changing areas for any student who is not comfortable with communal facilities.
- All safety and privacy policies should respect the needs of all children because every child matters. No policy should be tailored to a few students at the expense of every other student.
Please wear BLUE to show your support to protect ALL students! If you cannot make the meeting tomorrow night, we encourage you to contact the Dripping Springs ISD Board Members to politely express your concern.