URGENT: Your opportunity to stand for Texas!
This Christmas and Year’s End leaves me stunned at all Texas has weathered in 2014. It’s been a year of withering assaults on our values and liberties. But it’s also been a year of victory and progress! Countless Texans like you have stood up and been counted. We owe God all the praise––and one huge blessing we thank Him for is the support of generous friends like you. Thank you so much for caring and giving this year!
I’ll be direct––beyond showing how great you can feel about your past gifts’ impact, I share these highlights in hopes of a winning a place in your 2014 Year’s End giving plans. Much of the income we rely on year-round comes during this Christmas/Year’s End period. And starting in January with Texas’ pivotal Appeals Court marriage case, 2015 promises to be our most important year ever. So unless we raise $160,000 by midnight, December 31, we could face next year’s challenges under-funded and short-handed.
With those needs in mind, here’s a “Holiday Sampler” of what Texas Values did this year with the funds entrusted to us:
- This year, Texas cemented its role as America’s key battleground on marriage and religious freedom––and Texas Values continued to emerge as its dedicated champion. We became recognized as a national force in the judicial defense of marriage.
- We launched the Texas Marriage Declaration, a massive grassroots effort encouraging Texans to re-declare their support for marriage as one man and one woman. More than 25,000 signed, and we plan to collect thousands more before Texas’ stand for marriage at the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. Please be in prayer on January 9th as Texas Values will be at the court as oral arguments begin.
- 2014 also saw battles over our religious heritage in Texas textbooks. We mobilized thousands in urging the State Board of Education to turn back the non-Texan, anti-religious freedom groups. Your support helped students keep learning the truth about Moses, the Ten Commandments, and the impact of Judeo-Christian principles on American law and government.
- We’re grateful for our court victory forcing Houston’s mayor to stop defying our Texas Constitution on marriage. We’re also grateful for helping fight back against Mayor Parker’s blatant attempt to intimidate Houston pastors, by issuing subpoenas for their sermons and internal communications.
- We praise God that the culture of life is thriving in Texas as never before. We help lead the effort to pass Texas’ historic Pro-Life Omnibus bill that is resulting this year in countless unborn lives being saved and abortion-mills closing at historic rates. I’m also grateful for the recent ruling of an Austin federal court protecting pro-life pregnancy centers against the city’s harassment. Thanks to a legal team we helped organize, Austin can no longer target these life-saving pregnancy centers.
- Finally, 2014 saw a successful re-launch of our Merry Christmas Texas project! We’re thankful for last year’s passage of the Merry Christmas Law––and our Merry Christmas Texas project spreading the word statewide that our students, teachers, parents, and administrators are now free to acknowledge Christmas on public school grounds. And our leadership in protecting the religious freedom of Texas students has led to other states passing their own Merry Christmas Laws!
I hope this overview of some of our major accomplishments and victories helps show what a major, lasting impact your past gifts had on religious liberty, marriage, and life in Texas. Your support of Texas Values not only helps us make an impact throughout Texas, but with Texas’ oversized impact on the country, your support is multiplied to have an even larger impact.
And we’re hoping to do even more in 2015. Towards that end, we must raise $160,000 by December 31. Will you help us do that by including Texas Values in your Year’s End giving plans, and sending in your most generous tax-deductible gift?
I pledge to you our continued, careful stewardship––and our hard work on behalf of the freedoms and values we cherish. May God bless you and your family this Christmas season!
President, Texas Values
P.S. As 2014’s challenges lead to even more opportunities in 2015, I ask you to buckle in with a generous gift today to Texas Values. There is no stronger force in Texas dedicated to defending Texas’ family values and religious freedom. Will you include us in your Year’s End giving plans? Thank you for sending your most generous gift today!