The Texas Values Promise
With the election over and the Texas legislative session starting in January, we know attacks are going to continue to come on our values. But there is good news. While Washington D.C. looks to continue to wander astray from our values, Texas is in a unique position to lead the country in standing for our Texas values. We must rise up as Texans and be a beacon of light to the rest of the country. Texas Values is ready and prepared, and with your help, we know great things are in store for the Lone Star State.
But now is a critical time for Texans to engage and take a stand for our shared values of faith, family, and freedom. That is why we are launching the Texas Values Promise. Seven simple principles that we are asking all Texans, including elected officials, to promise to protect and strengthen – for our religious liberty, for our marriages and families, and for innocent human life.
I promise to protect and strengthen religious liberty in Texas by:
- Strengthening religious freedom protection in our state constitution
- Opposing efforts of government to interfere with the right of people to speak, express, and exercise their faith in public and private
I promise to protect and strengthen Texas’ marriages and families by:
- Supporting and defending the institution of marriage as the lifelong union of one man and one woman
- Reforming divorce to better protect children and families
- Supporting abstinence education
I promise to protect and strengthen the rights of unborn Texas children by:
- Protecting and affirming the sanctity of every innocent human life
- Defunding abortion providers of all tax dollars
If you support these seven principles as we do – take a stand – sign the Texas Values Promise today. But that’s not enough. We need leadership in Texas that is also willing to stand for our values. Please encourage your elected officials to sign the Texas Values Promise as well. With your help and the help of our state leaders and elected officials, we can ensure Texas is a state in which religious liberty flourishes, families prosper, and every human life is valued.