Planned Parenthood Funding Decision Today in Nueces County (Corpus Christi)
If you live in the Nueces county area or know people that do, we need your help to contact the Nueces County Hospital District Planning Committee Members TODAY and urge them to reject Planned Parenthood Funding for teen pregnancy prevention. These two NCHD members meet today to decide if Nueces County will give $70,000 of government funding to Planned Parenthood for sex education funding. Planned Parenthood has claimed they perform “abstinence-only” sex education, in order to receive the government funding.
Call them NOW! Annie Castro: (361) 986-1321, or (361) 992-9864 and Rodney Hart: (361) 767-7406
Please also consider attending this meeting TONIGHT! You won’t need to testify, just show up and stand with others opposing Planned Parenthood, to show the committee how committed we are to this issue.
6:00PM, Today, September 15, 2009
Tower II Building (Behind CC Cathedral)
555 N. Carancahua Suite 950 A, Corpus Christi, Texas
* Planned Parenthood (PP) claims it performs “abstinence-only” education. However, PP supported and advocated for Texas legislation that would have banned federal funding for “abstinence-only” sex education (HB 1371). http://educationworkstexas.org/policy.html
* PP’s methods of comprehensive sex education has not worked in Nueces County, though they have received government funding for many years.
* PP is a highly controversial organization and is a danger to women.
* PP clinics in San Antonio were recently ordered to cease and desist by the Texas Dept. of State Health Services for performing abortion illegally at unlicensed clinics.
* PP has a vested interest in the failure of teen pregnancy prevention-they are the largest providers of abortion in the U.S. and they stand ready to abortions when their “comprehensive sex-ed” fails.
*PP fights to under abstinence-based education, parental rights and informed consent.
*PP supported HB 741 and HB 1567, legislation which failed to received sufficient support by the 2009 Texas Legislature-goals of these bills were to drastically undermine the teaching of abstinence in Texas.
* PP has opposed efforts to inform parents about “reproductive” decisions of their female children.
– 2007 zogby Poll: 8 of 10 Parents support overall approach of abstinence education
– Most parents reject comprehensive sex education promoted by Planned Parenthood.